Are there any requests?!?!


I am currently working on my dance list for the DJ. I have a mix of country, Motown, oldies and rock. I tried to remember all the songs my girlfriends and I love to "get jiggy" to, but I feel like I am forgetting so many! If you have a favorite please let me know...I want the dance floor to be packed all night!
Speaking of music, I have our first song picked out! It's "Meet Me In Montana" a duet with Marie Osmond and Dan Seals. Since the Farmer and I met in Montana, we have always joked that this is our song! Now if we can just figure out how to dance! I'm still debating whether or not we should take lessons. We are both pretty much a tragic mess on the dance floor, so we will have to figure out something before the big day!

My Daddy and I will be dancing to our song as well..."Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind," by George Strait. Not very conventional but I have always said we would dance to this, because it is our favorite! We plan a trip to Ft. Worth whenever I am home...even if its just for the day, it is definitely our special place! When one of us hears the song on the radio, we immediately call the other one, I have a voicemail where he let it play because I didn't answer the call and I listen to it every time I start to miss him! Can you tell I'm a Daddy's girl?!?!? Oh and he can't dance either! I am hoping to get a bit of practice in at my brother's wedding!

When I do my bouquet toss, "Mississippi Girl" by Faith Hill will be playing! How appropriate, right?!?! If we do a wedding party dance, I would like to use "County Fair" by Chris LeDoux. My favorite part of the song is

"You know the tunnel of love, well it ain't my style. So I'm gonna take on the Ferris wheel. Way up in the sky, with the stars in her eyes, I'm gonna tell her just how I feel. Well, there's a full moon in the western sky, And there's magic in the air. Ain't nothin' I know of, can make you fall in love, Like a night at the county fair."

Since we got engaged at the state fair, up high in the sky, I think it's pretty "fittin'" :)

2 comments

  1. I think that you should have a little "Meet me in Montana" by Dan Seals.

    Raylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I apparently missed that part of the post until I went back. My bad.

    Raylee

    ReplyDelete