Waffle, Waffle, Waffle...Syrup!!!

This weekend the Farmer and I decided to open up our new Waffle Maker, that we got as a shower gift from his Aunt/Uncle/Cousins. I wasn't sure (and still am not) about the protocol of using wedding gifts before we actually tie the knot! But our rule goes a little something like this...If we are using it together then it's ok!! :) So we cracked open the box and took the beauty out! It was really fabulous (am I seriously this excited about a flippin waffle maker?!?!) They actually gave us Belgian Waffle mix to go along with our maker, but one look at the nutritional content and a quick scan to Calories (450) I nixed that I idea! I opted to use Bisquick, that had half the calories! The Farmer was NOT happy and I'm sure severely confused that evening when I had 4 slices of Pizza and half a breast of Fried Chicken at the Pizza Ranch Buffet...oopps! I figured I ate so "healthy" that morning I could afford to splurge a bit!! Anyway, back to the waffle maker...we mixed the ingredients up and away we went! They were super yummy even though they weren't Belgian! I captured the moment on camera over the constant moaning and groaning from the Farmer about his breakfast getting cold and the need for me to stop taking pictures of EVERYTHING! I, on the other hand, feel the pictures really make the post, don't you?!?!?! :)

take note of the Spice Rack in the corner! Another gift from another Aunt/Uncle/Cousins. He is not allowed to use the spices unless we are together..ha! We'll see how long that lasts! :)

First try wasn't so great, but the second batch was perfection!

MMMMMM :)



No comments