Oatmeal Carmelitas

Oatmeal Carmelitas by Leanne Mouw (the farmer's aunt)
32 caramels
5 Tbsp. Milk
1 ½ cup of Flour
1 ½ cup of oatmeal
¾ cup of brown sugar
1 ½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup of melted butter
1 cup of chocolate chips
½ cup of pecans
Combine flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and melted butter. Stir until absorbed and mixture is crumbly. Press half of the crumbs in 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Melt caramels and milk. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecans. Cover with caramel mixture. Sprinkle with crumbs. Bake an additional 15-20 minutes. Enjoy :)

The stuff


The stuff in a bowl


The stuff in a bowl all mixed up


half of the mix in the pan and into the oven


out of the oven


chocolate chips!


peanuts


Carmel's!!!


caramels and milk


caramels and milk melted (I just microwaved it!)



pour over the chips and nuts



crumble on other half of oatmeal mixture


hot out of the oven...bubbly caramel!!!


Soo delicious!! This is my favorite of all the bars that the Farmer's family makes, and trust me there are tons (yes, I will make more of the bar recipes to share with you hopefully soon - since I don't think I have tasted them all yet, maybe I will have a new fave!!) And this one has oatmeal so it's totally healthy ;)

I found this CUTE little treat carrier at Wal-Mart, so I put my Oatmeal Carmelitas in it and took it to the supper at our friends the other night! I just adore Easter stuff!! I got a TON of things along with this, on my last Wal-Mart run..coincidentally the Farmer suggested that we grocery shop at Hyvee from now on!! hahaha..yeah right :)

signature

1 comment