Dr. Suess and Moose!!

Ok, we all know I am obsessed with Moose...it all started when my family and I were in Yellowstone five years ago, and I mistakenly identified an elk as a moose...ever since then I was hooked! I actually finally got to see a ton of them while Daddy and I were at the Tetons last year, so of course that was the highlight of my entire life!! hehe!

Anyway!!! I was at Khols the other day and saw the most amazing thing ever!! A display of Dr. Seuss books, and right in front was one called "Thidwick the Big Hearted Moose" ....I grabbed it a once!! How was I not aware there was a Dr. Seuss book about a moose..a big hearted moose no less!! After I calmed down enough to look at the rest of the book rack, I also snatched up a copy of "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" one of all time my faves!!



I suppose I should back track a little and tell you of my love for Dr. Seuss Books...we had them growing up, you know the standard...Cat in the Hat, Dr. Seuss ABC, The Foot Book, Fox in Socks, Green Eggs and Ham, Hop on Pop, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, and There's a Wocket in My Pocket! I loved to look at the amazing illustrations and have them read to me, but it wasn't until My Uncle Den and Aunt Betty gave me Horton Hatches the Egg, that I truly fell in love! This book was different, it was larger than all the other books and had a really fancy glossy cover! Not to mention it was green...yes even back then green was my fave!! I have no idea how old I was when I received this treasure, but I still make sure when I am home, that my niece and nephew know that it's MINE!! I'm territorial like that! ha! I also make sure that they are aware that the big, glossy copy of McElligot's Pool is MINE as well!!
I'm sure my Aunt and Uncle gave me more Dr. Seuss books over the years, but those two seem to always stick in my memory...On Beyond Zebra, I think was another but I just can't remember for sure. Wanna guess who is going straight to the hallway book shelves to check, as soon as she steps foot in her house when she goes home for Christmas!! :)

I almost forgot to tell you the best part about these books!! They are only $5 at Khols!! They also have "Oh Say Can You Say" and "There is a Wocket In My Pocket" but they must have been all out at the store I was in....or I may have just been blinded by the MOOSE!! ha! At any rate I am going to be stalking Khols until I find the other two....so this begins my collection of Dr. Suess books! And since I'm a sucker for a collection, I am going to get every one ever published...maybe I'll get one a month? ...mostly for myself, but perhaps a hypothetical child that might one day live at my house would enjoy them too!! haha!

The Farmer and I will definitely be adding a new tradition to our Christmas holidays this year by reading "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" ....I wonder what he will say about that one?!?! ...you should have seen his face when I told him the "elves" would be visiting us in Iowa this year!! I got the cutest pink and green Christmas buckets on sale at Hobby Lobby after Christmas last year...they will make perfect "magic boots!" After I explained to him that he wouldn't have to come up with things to put in my "boot" every morning (I am a much better shopper for myself!!), he seemed to like the idea!! ha!

signature

1 comment

  1. I, too, am a huge Dr. Suess fan. We have developed quite a collection. Emily's current favorite book is "Hop on Pop". We have a Dr. Suess treasury book that has 12 of the books plus lots of extra details and information. I know I got it off Amazon.

    ReplyDelete