Fall Gathering!

Last night we had our Bible study group over for supper. This year, we decided to join a "Dinner and a Movie" Bible study through our church and so far it has been really fun! There are four couples in our group and we rotate between each others houses every other week. We are already good friends with one of the couples in the group, and are looking forward to getting to know the other couples better as the year goes on.

We have dinner, then watch a movie, then discuss spiritual implications in the movie and how it relates to our faith. There is a book that goes along with the study, that has discussion questions and facts to help us along the way. We just finished our first movie, Big Fish, last night so we will get together again in two weeks to discuss it! The list of movies includes: Cast Away, Chocolat, Big Fish, Holes, The Importance of Being Earnest, The Treasure of the Sierra, Madre, A River Runs Through It, Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner, O Brother, Where Art Thou?, The Mission, The Mosquito Coast, It’s a Wonderful Life. I don't know if we will watch them all or not??? Stay tuned!! I had never seen Big Fish before but it was really good!

Of course I just couldn't resist combining all my fall colored Fiestaware for the get together! I also couldn't resist taking pics :)

I found this fun pumpkin dish at hobby Lobby!! soo cute!!



I may have spent 45 minuted choosing a color scheme! ha!












Broccoli salad, Cora's Cheesy Potatoes, fruit/caramel, and rolls.




And the Pièce de résistance...the Farmer's grilled pork loin...SOOO YUMMY!!! I also made Pumpkin Spice Trifle for dessert, but forgot to take a pic!


We had a great time and I'm looking forward to discussing the movie at the next gathering and looking forward to not having to clean my house from top to bottom before guest arrive!! hahaha!!

signature

1 comment

  1. I'm just happy I got to taste everything in the pictures!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete