23 weeks!!






I will be 23 weeks on Friday, so I decided to do a little update on Peep and I!

From babycenter.com
How your baby's growing:
Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With his sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that he is more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see him squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze him when she hears them outside the womb.



I have been able to feel him move for a couple of weeks now and it is so fun! The other day in church we had guitar music that was louder than normal and every time it played Peep would move all around!


For the most part I am feeling great!! I get uncomfortable when I sit too long, but my office chair (where I am most of the day) is quite comfy, so that's a plus!! I haven't been sleeping well, but mostly due to the fact that I can't get my mind to settle down long enough to fall asleep!! I can't stop thinking about all things baby!! It's just so exciting!!


I am definitely "showing!" I feel HUGE and will not be sharing any pics with this post..sorry, you'll just have to imagine my giganticness!!


I haven't gotten anything monogrammed yet, which really surprises me! hehe!! I did however get the Wild West fonts Cricut cartridge so I can cut out cute vinyl monograms to stick on everything :)


Peep does have a name (Merritt Wylie Moss) but for the most part we still call him Peep or sometimes Mare Mare..I don't know why, because all along I wanted his nickname to be Rhett (as in Butler...I mean how much more Southern can you get!?!?) I will have to make an effort to call him this more and ditch the Mare Mare!!


We love the name and think it "flows" nicely! Wylie is my Daddy's middle name and was my Great Granddaddy's first name, so it meant alot to me to have Wylie be part of his name and it just sounds like a little cowboy!! For the first name, we both just liked Merritt and since it had my prerequisite "M" as the first letter, it was an easy yes!! The Sunday before we had the ultrasound we were flipping through the channels and caught the College National Finals Rodeo reruns, the saddle bronc rider that was up was named Merritt...it was a sign and sealed the deal...hehehe!! Not that I want my baby to be a saddle bronc rider, team roping will be just fine..hahaha!!!


Well I can't think of anything else that yall don't already know about this little Peep...I have to say, since we found out it's a boy, the one looming question remains, will it have red hair?!?! Me and my brother and sister have red hair and my sisters kids both have red hair...stay tuned to see if the Dutch blonde wins out over the fiery Spanish red heads :)

signature

1 comment