Merritt Wylie Moss- 3 Years Old!!

TRAIN up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.  Proverbs 22:6 


My baby boy is three...let that settle in a minute...three?!?! How did that even happen??

He is such a mess, and it is true what they say...three is much more terrible than two!! I'm not even going to share any of the antics he has been up to lately because, let's be honest, I don't care to ever remember them!! For the most part, he is a very sweet, loving, fun little boy! 

He ADORES being a cowboy/Lone Ranger and and waving one of his many guns at me saying "Mommy, shut it up!" of course I promptly correct him and say "You mean, stick 'em up!" His Whoop gave him some new spurs while we were in Mississippi and he is, as you can imagine, enamored with them! He wore them the entire trip back to Iowa!! Our little cowboy!! 

His western obsession is matched by his love of trains...he could play all day! I am getting pretty good at setting up tracks! Oh and let's not forget tractors and farming...he could also play with these all day! He is ready to feel all better, so he can go outside and chore with The Farmer again! 

Cooking is also getting to be one of his faves! I am most excited about this! Finally something fun for Mommy too!! I scored this http://www.allthingstarget.com/target-kidkraft-toddler-kitchen-70/ adorable little kitchen on a Target clearance with some of his Christmas money and we have been cooking up a storm!! He is soo cute and must really take note when he helps me cook!! He loves to put on his oven mit and warn me when things are "weeaally hott!" 

He is getting more used to McCoy everyday, and always wants to know where he is when he is napping, but still doesn't really care for him..that's putting it nicely!! Hopefully they will get along one day...a girl can dream, right?!?!

I do not have his official stats yet, but will update after his three year check up at the end of the month! Updated to add: He weighs 32 pounds and is 37 inches tall! He is wearing 2T and some 3T clothes and is potty trained. He still wears pull-ups at nap and nighttime, but has been dry for months...just a little scared to pull the safety net just yet! 

His favorite shows are Paw Patrol, The Lone Ranger Cartoon, Sheriff Callie's Wild West, and Mickey. His favorite movies are The Lorax, Toy Story, Madagascar, Finding Nemo, Despicable Me, and Monsters Inc./University. 

He has tons of fun coloring, painting, playing with play-doh, and crafting and I have tons of fun doing this with him! 

We got lots of games for Christmas, but haven't really had the chance to play any yet! Hoping he really gets into playing some this year! I smell a family game night!! :)

His favorite foods include, pizza, hot dogs, nuggets, cheese, any fruit, biscuits, cereal, corn, granola bars, and McCoy's baby puffs!! He really only drinks milk and ice water, unless we are out and about then only "mommy pop" will do...that's Sprite for those of you not in the know! ha! His favorite candy is Pezz, Smarties, suckers, and fancy Lindt truffles! :)

He can count to ten, and spell his name, but also thinks any writing spells his name! He knows his colors, when he wants to know them, which isn't very often, and is pretty good at naming most shapes! If you ask him where he lives, he proudly screams Iowa, but in his book this is also where everybody else lives too!  He has started going to Kindermusik by himself and did super good his first time! He will start Sunday School in two weeks (his teachers are gone) and cannot wait!! However, he thinks he gets to go there on a school bus, so that will be interesting! He is just getting to be such a big boy! 

Merritt Wylie, you may be a naughty little mess, but you are our naughty little mess and we LOVE you to pieces!! Can't wait to see what the next three years bring! 






I can't take credit for these picture ideas, I stole them right off Pinterest!! In my defense, they used match box cars instead of trains! :) I don't have an indoor studio yet, nor do I know when I will get one set up, so I just threw down this faux wooden backdrop on my dining room floor and snapped away! It worked for me, but I'm so ready to get more pics of these boys outside, when the weather is nicer!!
signature

No comments