Vintage Secretary Desk!


I worked all week during nap time and finally finished the desk! I am in LOVE with how it turned out...I realize some might think I massacred it, but the yellow, distressed look is so much more my style!!


The original desk...I loved the lines and size of this little piece! I found it at an antique store, but you could look for a similar one at rummage sales, flea markets, estate sales... or for a fabulous resource online, check out Chairish.com!

All sanded down!

Priming with my big helper!!

This kid loves to paint! 

All primed...I used Zinsser!

One coat of yellow. This is the same yellow from my kitchen, Benjamin Moor Stuart Gold.

 I used this tutorial (http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2013/06/buffet-reveal-distressing-painted.html) I also followed this same technique for my TV stand (post about that here) and really love how relatively easy it is and the fabulous look it creates! 

I forgot to snap a pic of the inside, but I just left it the way it was! I think it looks so great in the living room.. now to figure out how to style the top, that teal bucket just wont do! hehe! Such a fun little project!! 
signature

No comments